Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Floor Construction

I worked on the floor for a few hours on Sunday. A couple more hours today. Thunderstorms held me up a little, but it's going fairly smoothly. On day one of floor construction, I assembled my first section (12'x8'). But because my outer edges are doubled up, and the fact that my phone kept ringing, I managed to get the 16" OC screwed up. I didn't find out until the plywood went on and didn't line up. I had to unscrew everything and redo it. Minor setback I call LEARNING. It was raining this morning, but I decided to go and work on it anyway. Just as I started to work the sun came out. Perfect. So I managed to get the framing complete in a couple hours today.
The floor is built in 3 sections 12'x8',8'x8',6'x8'. It will all be screwed, glued and bolted together and to the trailer frame.
The floor will have 1/2" ply underside painted with Grey gloss marine enamel #15 tarpaper, framing and insulation, vapor barrier and 5/8 ply for the topsheet. I am happy with how it's turning out so far, to plan.

I have also been messing with Google Sketchup and have numerous designs and layouts. Here is one I slapped together in a couple hours to see if it would theoretically work.
As you can see, I plan on building another trailer hopefully to use as an add on in the future. But for now I'll just concentrate on the one trailer. This is a rough sketch and could change slightly from the finished product.
The plans will be for an apartment sized or rv range. A large rv fridge and double sink. Composting toilet. Possibly hot water on demand?? RV water tanks, rv furnace, woodstove, solar lighting a full bathroom with rv washer dryer and hopefully a 4' plus tall loft that will be 13' in length. It's actually a little large, but what the hey? Right? A mcmansion on wheels...

No comments:

Post a Comment