Whomever may be reading this blog, may well think it's another abandoned project?
Not so at all...
Building an off grid homestead takes time, planning, money, resources and alot of hard work. I was working alot and couldn't get the time to get this all rolling.
About a year ago, I built a garage on my property. So that took alot of time as well. I'll show some pics of that later. I also have a small 10x10 cabin attached to a truck camper, my dad and I built a few years ago. I'll show pictures of these structures later, but for now this blog is strictly for the tiny house project.
Since my last entry, I have spent a little time gathering things for this project. I managed to get another old travel trailer for free. The trailer came with a very nice near new wood burning stove by Osburn. I paid $350 for the complete stove and chimney. The trailer is a 20 foot terry from about 1972. The inside had been re-inforced with a second layer of walls and insulation and the stove installed. This thing was a total wreck and very very very difficult to dismantle and scrap. I removed the stove and put it away for later. I knocked down the old trailer with great difficulty and have slowly been separating everything and disposing of it and burning it for a while now. Still lots of clean up on that front.
I did not take any pictures of this second travel trailer. But, it was a mess, trust me.
Now that I had stumbled across this second trailer. I was definately going to be building 2 tiny houses in one. I call it a modular tiny house on wheels. I have been thinking of this idea for years now. Finally it may become reality.
Below is a picture of the second trailer that has been stripped and is being mocked in place. You can see some of the mess this trailer was.
I also purchase about $1500 in materials and hauled them up there. 30 sheets of plywood, 200 2x4x8's, 30 2x4x12's, 15 4x4x8's and screws insulation tarpaper ect ect... I am now into this project for just under $3000.00
The next picture shows the second trailer quickly sanded and painted. It turned out nice.
Here are some pics of the trailers being leveled.
Heres my dad starting on the first floor section of trailer #2.
We got more done in 3 full days than I had been able to do by myself in 3 years. "GOD I'M LAZY" lol.
We even had time to get a couple of wall started...
I am confident this project will be moving much faster now. Stay tuned, there will be lots of pics.