Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I'm Back!

So, it's been 8 months since I've updated the blog, and in that time not a whole lot got done. Life sometimes gets in the way. The weather has been terrible, cold and very wet. But now that it's spring, I'll be working hard to get it all framed in for winter. So in the past 8 months I have done a few things. I did bolt the floor to the trailer using subfloor adhesive and 32, 3/8" bolts through steel to hold it all down (no cost for these items). I also drilled holes for the taillights that I bought and wired them up. The wire, loom and taillights came in at $42. Drilling through the steel was very difficult. Today I went and bought some more supplies. I bought some tuct tape, 6mil vapour barrier and 3 sheets of 5/8" ply. I also got 3 bags of  Roxul R16 Safe and Sound insulation and floor screws. These items came in at $140. I did salvage 4 sheets of 5/8" ply for the floor. So I quess I saved about $100. I removed the tarp and got started. It took me 3 hours to complete.

                        You can see where it is bolted in a couple of places. And the insulation.

 
Ready to move it to its location...

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to see more.
    I will be starting a similar project next month, the soonest I will be able to get a trailer.
    Mine is going to be 8'x30' or longer, but that's my 'minimum livable size' since I'm going to be homesteading in it once it is finished.

    For quick 3d mock-ups and floor planing, you should take a look at Sweet Home 3d, Free and much better than sketchup IMO.

    You can check out my 'basic' floorplan here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/72834229@N02/sets/72157628570508987/

    ReplyDelete