Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Ready to Bolt it Down

Well, I have finally completed the framing for the floor. I am now ready to center and square it up, and bolt it all down. Doing most of the work myself, I'm starting to realize this is going to be time consuming without much help. It will get done however. Money and time are tight, but thats why I'm building it. To allow for more time for myself and to try to save money after I move into it.
Here are pictures of the framing that I completed yesterday.


I am prepared to fasten the floor to the trailer and have all the bolts and hardware. I even got some PL 400 Subfloor and Deck adhesive to put between the trailer and wood to prevent squeaking and, for a bit of hold. It will also kind of seal up my plywood seams that rest on the crossmembers, hopfully keeping air and water out. Due to a major storm with high winds coming, I am unable to bolt it down until it passes. I am also in between paydays so I can't even purchase my insulation, tuck tape, vapor barrier and plywood. I'll just keep plugging along, piece by piece, doing what I can. Just like a large puzzle one piece at a time..

No comments:

Post a Comment