Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

1 Step Forward 2 Steps Back!

With the floor framed and laid out on the trailer frame, I noticed that the outside crossmembers on the trailer  were not allowing the floor to sit completely flat. Between work and poor weather, plus going to the property on the weekend, and the outer crossmembers sitting high, I haven't progressed to where I'd like to be. So with bad weather coming I decided to stand the floor sections up on end and tarp them. This allowed me to put relief cuts on all the outriggers so that they can sit level. After the floor is bolted down, the outriggers will be welded at that time(level).
I also cut out a bunch of crossmembers at the rear of the trailer. They used to hold the grey and black water tanks. I relocated them so that they are at 16"OC and added a couple more so that the floor will be better supported at the rear. I had my dad weld them in. Then it started to rain, so I didn't get to paint them.

This is where I ended up. This weekend I will glue screw and bolt the floor to the frame. Insulate and vapor barrier. Then put on my 5/8" top sheets to complete the floor. Then hopefully I can start on the walls before the snow comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment